- Select the company (legal entity) which you need to delete.
- Go to AOT (Press Ctrl + D) and find class "SysDatabaseTransDelete" to delete transactions first.
- Run class "SysDatabaseTransDelete", it will prompt you Yes/No option to delete transactions. Delete them first it will take a while depend on the transaction data you have in your system in this company.
- Open legal entity form from Organization Administration | Setup | Organization | legal entities.
- Select legal entity for which you deleted transaction data in step 1 and click delete button. It will take a while.
Monday, September 8, 2014
Delete legal entities in AX 2012
Delete a legal entity seems to be a straight forward option in AX, just click on delete button on legal entity form. This does not work sometimes as per your thoughts and you face errors like below.
Cannot delete a record in Ledger (Ledger).
The corresponding AOS validation failed.
Stack trace: Call to TTSCOMMIT without first calling TTSBEGIN.
(S)\Data Dictionary\Tables\DirPartyTable\Methods\Delete - line 14
(S)\Data Dictionary\Tables\DirOrganizationBase\Methods\Delete - line 17
(S)\Data Dictionary\Tables\CompanyInfo\Methods\Delete - line 31
Cannot delete a record in Batch job (BatchJob). The corresponding AOS validation failed.
These errors appear when you have transaction data in the legal entity which you are after for delete or there are batch jobs in running state stopping this delete process.
There are certain steps to get rid of these errors and also to have a smooth delete process without any issue.
One of the features of the dual-write is initial sync where you copy data from the source app (Finance Operation OR DataVerse) to the target...
Let's say we have a query in AOT \Queries\ProjTable And now we want to add more datasources into this query's par...
This post demonstrates how to create batch classes using Business Operation Framework (or sysOperation). We used to use RunBaseBatch fram...
Computed columns have been using in SQL server since many versions but this feature was available Dynamics AX since version 2012. Fo...